Orca3D Level 1: Hull Design and Hydrostatics
In Orca3D, the hull is created as a NURBS surface. While Rhino provides many important surface creation and editing tools, Orca3D adds capabilities that are specific to hull design, such as:
- Hull Assistants, for instantly creating hulls according to a range of input dimensional and shape parameters
- Easy definition of the sections to be displayed on your hull surface; stations, buttocks, waterlines, and other planar curves. The user may specify the color of these sections, together with the layers upon which they should be placed.
- Real-time update of the sections as the hull surface is modified
- Real-time update of the hydrostatics as the hull surface is modified
- Control over the shape of the forefoot of the hull, ensuring a curvature-continuous transition from the stem to the bottom
- Easy positioning of the surface’s control vertices, either interactively, or via Orca3D’s vertex control dialog