The VRAYforC4D Master Class covers a wide range of areas of the V-Ray engine and in special VRAYforC4D.
The training classes are made over a period by Stefan Laub , one after the other a new tutorial subject is being released until all the curriculum below is covered.
The target of the VRAYforC4D Master Class is not less than explaining you the concept and details behind V-Ray, the secrets of BRDF materials, layering, physical work flow, AA, DMC, Samples, Subdivisions, Gi Settings, flicker free Animation methods, optimizing settings and more.
It is to make you understand the Vray settings to enable you to control them by understanding not by guessing. Once you understood the concept behind the settings V-Ray will be a lot more easy for you to use as a daily tool. We will show you that the V-Ray settings can be reduced to a very few basic settings that are always the same principle, in each of the many places you see them.
The Training will consist of about 10-12 main classes/videos, several topics might be split up in more than one movie/several parts, scene files and examples (like BRDF creation 1,2,3). You also get access to the VRAYforC4D Masterclass forum section, which is dedicated to the Master class content.
On the start of the announcement as presale member you can also post wishes and if it makes sense we can try to incorporate them into the Training Master Class. Please note even though the training goes very deep in all parts of the engine it cannot cover all aspects of the V-Ray engine (maybe in later follow up classes).
As a first content table, here the list of what is part of the VRAYforC4D Master Class (this is subject to change yet a bit, also due to your feedback and wishes),
Please note that the order of the listing below is not necessarily the order of the release date of each master class (each class will be published once after the other during the period of the training, bigger/more complex classes can be split into several parts):
- Topic 1: VRAYforC4D / Physical Engine/ concept of biased and unbiased / physical/non physical. The Physical work flow/ Working like a Photographer, Calibrating scenes, Using Cameras, Arch Camera, Offsets, Physical camera settings, DOF, MB, understanding LWF (8,16,32bit), Environment tab BG image use, tone mapping physical sky combined with photometric lights mesh lights, area lights, all light types, color temperature, easy nights shots, blue hour HDRI based lightings etc.
- Topic 2: the secrets of DMC /AA / Filters/ Samples etc, how to use them, the basic of ALL vray settings reduced to 4 base settings. using multipass for scene optimisation.speed up sampling and rendering using DMC tools and AA connection.
- Topic 3: understanding of GI in detail: the physicals and system behind, IR , BR, LC, DE, AO; min/max, thresholds, subdivisions,options, Detail enhancement, using and adapting presets, making your own presets, biased and unbiased use and concepts. special tricks of using and combining GI methods.
- Topic 4: BRDF/BSDF Materials – the art of BRDF creation 1,2,3, Materials are light reflectors and absorbers. understanding the physical concept behind Materials. Understanding the layout of the special physical VRAYforC4D layered BRDF. correct Material and reflection layering, IOR and fall off use, all Material settings and secrets. RGB curve use for complex IOR. Explaining the base principle of physical material creation which can work for any material in the world, real world examples of how to make many of the most used real world materials. professional BRDF material creation. Special materials, SSS; displacement, physical SSS, translucency,
- Topic 5: V-Ray 3 core and V-Ray RT related news and features explained.
- Topic 6: Camera Animation: the most effective camera animations system in any physical 3d application, always flicker free and easy to use in 2 simple steps
- Topic 7. All Object animation Methods, IRLC, IRLC-DE, BRLC, BRBR, the settings to take care of and scene optimisation and tuning methods, intelligent mixing of methods, brute force materials, avoid flickering, DR use. examples indoors and outdoors, using GI in an optimized way. Tuning GI scenes.
- Topic 8: V-Ray shader use tipps. layer,mix, blend shaders, dirt, distance, multi, color correction, custom falloff and fresnel shaders, RGB color curves, UVW tab, “2d texture” shaders, Bitmap, converting scenes to DR use, 2dshader baking feature.
- Topic 9: Mograph , proxy,Instances, multi shader, random tag use ( internal, or via carbon scatter and surface spread),
- Topic 10: MAXON Hair in VRAYforC4D; vray hair procedural geometry, supporting Maxon hair features, the physical BRDF hair material,root,tip, base sampling, mixing with textures,optimising for GI etc.
- Topic 11: Caustics , V-Ray Environment fog use. fast & real Volume lights with V-Ray, clouds, Volumetric Fog, Fog and GI, optimising fog,Spectral Volume Calculation, light beams, pool caustics, refractive and reflective caustics, light settings for caustics.
- Topic 12: special Image saving options with multipass/render element/ID pass use, Picture viewer use with multipass & psd use, taking care with c4d color management and image saving types, Extra tex, multi matte, IDs, round up of V-Ray scene tuning & optimisation methods
- Extra Topics: V-ray 3.4 settings and new V-Ray sampler types/ new universal settings(usage of new global default settings) and new features, transforming old scenes to new 3.4
Each class has at least one training video (bigger ones might be split into 2 or 3+videos if needed) and scene and example files and materials. In addition as add-on if you own a vrayforc4d license you get access to the VRAYforC4D Master Class section in the forum, in case you have questions dedicated to the Master Class training (as mentioned please note the order of the release of the tutorial subjects is not necessarily the same as the class numbering above).
Feel free to give us feedback on the MASTER CLASS content, you can wish for the class “user wish” ( for wishes please consider getting a pre-sale option).
The target is that after the training you have a profound understanding of the engine and its options.
We hope you will like this new Master Class, we also tried to make this as cost effective as possible.
With each sale you support the VRAYforC4D project for its next steps like RT and V-Ray 3.4 core addition.
please note: atm around 16+videos (several hours long) for the course are available covering 95% of the subjects above, atm we also prepare and add bonus content courses for 2016 which are free included in the Masterclass.
please note that all sales are final without exception once you (the buyer) got access to the special c4d file and video downloads! when buying you agree to this terms.